OBP Horizontal Hydraulic Handbrake 600mm (Lockable)
OBP 280mm horizontal vertical handbrake
High strength steel hanbrake to assist in your rally and drifting skills.
OBP 280mm Horizontal Handbrake Benefits:
- 280mm Horizontal Rigid steel lever
- Classic OBP style Zinc iron chromated and black-passivated High strength steel box
- Extremely strong hydraulic handbrake
- Classic OBP style Pivot on oil impregnated bearings
- Classic OBP style Hi Quality uniball/rod end lever to master cylinder connection
- Designed & Manufactured in the UK
- Lockable version
More general handbrake information
Drifting and Rally driving requires extensive use of the handbrake, which can show weaknesses in standard cable type handbrakes. The hydraulic system eliminates the weaknesses as in the standard cable type handbrakes.
The hydraulic system connects into the brake line that runs to the rear calipers and requires a lot less force to completely lock both rear wheels when needed.
A hydraulic handbrake is used by drivers to lock up or break loose the rear wheels when they want to Drift the car sideways or spin on the spot. Rally drivers regularly need to spin 180 degrees "on the spot" when they over shoot an intersection, or need to turn very hard left or right and there's not enough wheel lock to achieve this.
The hydraulic handbrake is not used to stop the car.
A hydraulic hand brake can be added into the rear brake line system without changing the original mechanical handbrake setup.
OBP Motorsport design and manufacture all these units in their own well equipped factory based in England.
These systems are for competition use only.